Thursday, February 10, 2011

How to Handle a Media Crisis

by Dr. Boyce Watkins, Syracuse University 

One of the things we regularly see in the media are celebrities in the middle of crisis. The brand that others have worked so hard to build comes under fire because of some scandal, with sex usually being the sneaky culprit. Fantasia's decision to mess around with a married man, Tiger's seemingly infinite infidelity, and the scandal between Steve Harvey and his ex-wife Mary are just three examples of multimillion dollar baby mama drama.
I brought in three black PR experts to break down the celebrity scandal issue and how to deal with it from an enlightened media perspective. The conversation is lively and educational. I certainly learned a great deal myself, so if I am ever caught up in some drama, I'll know whose number to dial. The interview is below, enjoy!

 

Click to read.

No comments: