Thursday, January 13, 2011

What’s It Like to be a Teen Mother?

From the blog Themochamusings.com

A teen mom holding her baby

I sat down with an 18-year-old girl who is the mother of 10-month-old boy and she told me what it was like to be a teen mom.

Q: What’s the hardest thing about being a teen mom?

A: No sleep. Your baby takes over. Babies live life on their on schedule and you have to adjust. The other thing is that I’m nervous to leave him to go to work or school because I don’t want anything to happen to him.

Q: How did you imagine motherhood while you were pregnant?

A: All the stereotypes that you hear about being a teen mom. I imagined the worst of it… not having a life anymore, breaking up with your baby’s dad, everything is harder… stuff like that.Continue reading →

 

Click to read.

No comments: