Thursday, September 2, 2010

TI Arrested for Drugs? Yes, I’m Disappointed

by Dr. Boyce Watkins, Syracuse University 

TI (aka Clifford Harris) is my favorite rapper, and the person I consider to be one of the most talented artists in America.  I've made no secret about my appreciation for his music, and from friends of mine who know him, I can say that he is genuine about reducing gun violence among our youth.  TI is also the artist that I would have gambled on to have the greatest likelihood of turning his life around.  He has a lot to live for, and people who love him.   He's made his mistakes, but I was convinced that he'd grown from them.

Now, after hearing about his arrest for drug possession, I'm not so sure if TI has learned a thing.  In fact, I'm having a hard time distinguishing TI from his self-destructive counterpart, Lil Wayne.  And yes, I will say this in public: I think Lil Wayne is an idiot.

Click to read.

No comments: