Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Black Woman Says She’s Exhausted of Defending Obama

Black Woman Tells Obama I'm Exhausted of Defending You

by Dr. Boyce Watkins, Syracuse UniversityScholarship in Action 

A black woman stood up in the Town Hall Meeting held by President Barack Obama yesterday and made a comment that got the attention of the world. She mentioned that she was "exhausted" from trying to defend the president to his critics:
I am one of your middle class Americans and, quite frankly, I'm exhausted... I'm exhausted of defending you. I'm exhausted of defending your administration, defending the mantle of change that I voted for. And I'm deeply disappointed with where we are right now.
I have been told that I voted for a man who said he was going to change things in a meaningful way for the middle class. I am one of those people and I'm waiting sir. I'm waiting. I don't feel it yet. And I thought, while it wouldn't be in great measure, I would feel it in some small measure... And quite frankly Mr. President, I need you to answer this honestly: Is this my new reality?
(Thelightnc.com)

 

Click to read.

No comments: