Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yes, I think Money Can Buy You Love….Sort of

by Dr. Boyce Watkins, Scholarship in Action 

I was in the car talking with my daughter, the one who I affectionately refer to as "TP." TP stands for "Top Priority," because I believe it's important to let your kids know that there is someone out there who puts them ahead of nearly everything else. Her own father chose not to embrace the blessing of having her as a child, so God gave me that opportunity.
My daughter and I were, as we normally do, talking about life, the future and all that can be accomplished if we put our minds to it. I'm sure my kids grow insane from listening to me, since I effectively become a 24/7 motivational speaker, constantly reminding them that anything is possible if a person is committed, and also reiterating that your actions must be in sync with your objectives if you are serious about doing anything meaningful in this world. A whole lot of people talk, but very few people are actually doing.

 

Click to read.

No comments: